Autonomous multipurpose AI-based robot
The project will demonstrate the effectiveness of innovative methods of ozone vapor treatment, microwave weeding, modular multipurpose approach - reducing investments, improving environmental sustainability, improving food safety, and boosting the adoption among farmers.
Agrotec can do local recognition of the weeds and its destruction using a manipulator arm with a precise nozzle sprayed with herbicides or carrying out a high-voltage high-frequency discharge in the place of immediate weed detection, or using microwave treatment.
The agricultural robot can navigate autonomously using GNSS RTK and reach the target or move along the predefined waypoints and act on it, few more features - take a soil sample on each point, can analyze crop germination.
Agrotec robot farming advantages
Agrotec offers no-till, chemical-free, fully autonomous farming based on artificial intelligence. Ozone Mist Sanitization - we are experimenting with a developed ozone mist spray system to sterilize crops without the use of chemicals and are planning to be among the first to introduce this technology.
Ozone water-mist sanitation: we are experimenting with developed ozone-mist spray system for chemical free agricultural sterilization.
Weed control: no-till and chemical free farming is a modern, integrated farming system that requires special equipment and technology. Our Agrocomplex quickly identifies weeds at an early stage and eradicates them using precision high voltage weeding or microwave treatment. Here we also have great advantages, and after numerous experiments that we are conducting, we plan to get an effective tool for weeding.
Intelligent Vision System: combination of multispectral images and can be analyzed using AI algorithms to detect anomalies at an early stage in pathogen development.
Autonomous movement: our robot senses its environment using GNSS RTK (GPS), stereo camera, IMU and wheel odometry and special algorithms developed at ROS.
Our robots can reduce up to 99% of farm’s use of pesticide, may perform more or different tasks in the future, can create the jobs for the people who have to make the robots and who have to fix the robots. Our robots do not get sick or tired, do not need the time off, can operate with closer tolerances (so, every round is at full field capacity), offer fewer errors and at higher speeds and the higher quality products can be sensed by the machines accurately. Robot can be used in various fields in the agriculture, it can easily work day and night 24/7, work around the trees, the rocks, the ponds and the other obstacles.
Agrobot do the difficult tasks that are harmful to the health of the workers, so it offer the safety for the workers - by protecting the human workers from the harmful effects of handling the chemicals by the hand and through the system of high spraying.
- UP TO 50% LESS EXPENSIVE THAN STANDARD TREATMENTS
- IMPROVED YIELD: NO HERBICIDE LEFT ON THE CROPS
- CONSERVES THE ORGANIC LIFE OF THE SOIL, WITH LIMITED SOIL COMPACTION
- FULLY AUTONOMOUS SAFE WORK DAY AND NIGHT
- AUTOMATIC ANALYSYS OF THE TOTAL LEAF AREAS OF THE PLANTS IN INDIVIDUAL PLOTS, PHENOTYPE, SOIL PROBE ETC
- CHEMICAL-FREE, NO-TILL AGRICULTURE
The field crops segment of the agricultural robots market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2025.The project Agrotec aims to develop a multi-purpose robotic platform for agriculture able to implement different capabilities with a modular approach, from disease detection and mitigation up to weeding. The project responds to an increasing market need to implement robotic solutions in agriculture that allows to improve the crop protection, reducing intervention of operators and use of chemicals.
Agriculture is one of the most important and fast-growing industry. With the global population expected to reach 9 billion by 2050, agricultural production must double to meet the food demand that is expected to increase by 59% to 98%. Because of limited arable land, productivity must increase 30 -50% to help meet that goal. Global agriculture market size CAGR of near 10% will exceed 1 trillion USD by 2025, where smart agriculture market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 28.28% over the forecast period of 2017-2030. Plant pests and diseases are often impossible to eradicate once they have established themselves and managing them is time consuming and expensive. Prevention is critical to avoiding the devastating impact of pests and diseases on agriculture, livelihoods and food security.
Agrotec provide no-till and non-chemical agriculture. We investigate Ozone water-mist nozzle spraying for bacteria and fungi elimination, we investigate and develop equipment for no-till and non chemical methods based on microwave treatment and high frequency high voltage weed killing for weeds managing. For these experiments we use different types of plants in our laboratory.
Advantages of Using Ozonated Water for Irrigation:
- since Ozone is very strong germicidal agent, it almost eliminates infection causing microorganism and in return provides better product in terms of volume, weight, size, strength, nutritious value, and taste.
- ozone is very environmentally friendly as it does not leave behind any harmful residues unlike other pesticides, fertilizers and additives used for growing crops as it decomposes back to Oxygen.
- use of Ozonated water for irrigation ensures that plants grow more vigorously and are healthier, free form any kind of contagious diseases.
Significant part of the project is the AI-based computer vision and autonomous navigation that was tested in real environment and show good results. Our robot senses its environment using GNSS RTK (GPS), stereo camera (obstacles, crop rows approximation to lines, 3D depth map), IMU and wheel odometry.
Ozone water-mist experiments:
- conducted a series of experiments with different concentrations of ozone in steam (water fog);
- checked the effective exposure time at the maximum possible concentration of ozone in water;
- checked the effectiveness of ozone vapor in killing bacteria and fungi;
- calculated the productivity, energy consumption and determined the feasibility of using this method or further prospects (ways) of its development.
- conducted a series of experiments using a magnetron and two magnetrons in superposition.
- checked how long and what energy density is needed to destroy weeds at different stages of growth and different sizes
- checked the system performance and energy efficiency.
Innovative no-till and chemical-free farming methods have not yet been sufficiently studied and implemented, but our laboratory has come close to satisfactory results using ozonated water mist to kill fungi and bacteria, and microwave or high-voltage high-frequency discharge for weed control. Both methods are accompanied by artificial intelligence-based computer vision and precise autonomous robot movement. Our methods and techniques are new to the market of innovative products, in terms of their importance for world agriculture, we are an international product that can change the approaches to the implementation of the so-called digital agriculture.